Monday, July 28, 2008

Half the story


One day the author of the "Random Question" had an almost idea. In a storm of madness the Random Question was born. The fury of the storm must have subsided quickly though. The story was never finished. If it were complete it would have more then just a few who answer the call of wild neural activity that is needed to form a more complicated reply.
You see the whole point in having random questions is to form a story based upon a theme. Take for example the following question and my reply.

You've got to make contact with the alien leader. How will you tell when the conversation is finished?

When I see that this particular alien species is the result of genetic engineering of some form of semi intelligent vegetable and humanoid. They produce a smell of a very tasty stir fry I once had. My mind becomes centered on how to overcome moralistic ideals in order to feed our planets ever increasing masses. According to the report I had read these small creatures are a perfect blend of all the beneficial nutrients that are needed to sustain human dietary needs. My mind raced as my mouth began to water from the smell of the 3o beings I was meeting with. Suddenly I had a plan and I smiled as I pretended to listen intently but for me the conversation was over.

What would the next question be then? Well if you search for word groups you could take the information and compose a list of possible questions. Do a little matching and pose the question. The questions could come from searches also.

Let's say that "overcome moralistic ideals" was picked out. It would match with "activist". This would be given the most weight in the paragraph. The rest of it would be based around the implied outcomes of the opposing sides.

On one side you have the first sentence that gives human like qualities plus the "these small creatures are" word group. Pit that against all the references to food, eating, smell, and taste and you can come up with only a few likely candidates for the next question.

Now as each answer becomes more complex the questions can also gain in complexity. Then you can move into phase 3 and this is where it gets really fun.


No comments: