Monday, August 2, 2010

Go On Ahead

This is a poem I wrote when I was feeling down because of one person. Although it seams to be morbid it is about winning by letting their own guilt destroy the sole. When life is over many of the hurts we suffer will come to an end and we hold the fate of others soles in ourselves. But in doing so we also stand a chance that one of those that have hurt us has changed and become free of the guilt and so if we hold against them what they have done to us and they are free of the guilt then we hold guilt in ourselves and destroy our own chance for redemption.

Man of destruction
Why don't you know
Hell is in the living
And death comes to slow

Your hands around my neck
Go ahead and squeeze
I'll smile at you
while my life leaves

The tear in your eye
It's all a lie
You enjoy killing
Find it fulfilling

So go on ahead
I'm already dead
Let go of the rope
Life's a fucking joke

So man of destruction
Now you feel alive
You have ended my hell
All my madness has died

Let go of my limp body
You shake from the thrill
The smile on my face
It gives you a chill

Man of self destruction
Hell's found you dead
Life not worth living
Death filled your head

You feel your body fall
All your life let loose
Join us where we live
Leave behind your noose

September 22, 1994

No comments: