Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gem Car Mod

Here is what I think I would do for my wife. It's not perfect but is starting to look like a car. I put a VW front end on the back and modifide the fender. The size of the VW nose is not to scale as I haven't any dimentions to work with. I took the nose and moved it forward about 15 inches and tried to make it resemble a ford model A. I am looking at making the doors and other mods mount to the outside of the cage in hopes of giving a couple of inches to the interior for wider seats. I also want to widen the width putting the wheels, fenders, and a step to the outside. I was thinking of making the cage area look a bit like a T-bucket and increase the safety by using metal and carbon fiber for the addons. The added storage space would be used for extra power to keep the range up and allow for adding things that it might need.

I have a cool idea for the door handles. I want one door handle that will be used for both getting in and out of the car. I just have to figure out how to keep it from getting iced over or otherwise jammed. I would also like to use plexiglass for the upper portion of the cab opening in such a way as to provide a stronger and safer cab without impeding visibility.

I need to remove the VW look to the back, get the colors I want, along with the rest of the side view mods. Then I can start on the front and rear views and a couple of angle shots. And try to do a sketch-up model. I may not be a Chip Foose but I will get out the pencils and draw it up using every shade of gray there is. I love gray tones so I will make it blue as the primary color but with gray tones. So here is my idea of a Gem Car Mod.

No comments: